Italian wines & sulphites: Good news!

Headache? Perhaps it is not just the fault of sulphites!

Who has not happened?

Good restaurant, good food, wine palatable. Yet we ended up with "heavy" head. Yet there seemed to have chosen a "good" bottle! 

So why that nagging sense of malaise? 
The first thought is for them: sulphites !!

But are they the only causes of our headache after a few glasses of wine? 

What you think of the pesticides used in the vineyard?
And have you ever wondered if fungicides or insecticides are been used to grow the grapes that gave rise to the wine you're drinking?
Finally, what about the chemical additives used to "adjust" in winemaking? 

Who makes organic wines must, and it is good to point out "must" avoid the use of all substances just mentioned.
For conventional wines, all of us we trust the winemakers. Simply. 

Anyway back to the main "defendant", there is no doubt that sulphites are classified as "harmful substances" for our health. And some might even be allergic.

Well ... it would be better that those with allergies to these substances don't drink wine. 
Because there are sulfites in wine. 

The same yeasts that are deputies to turn grape juice into wine, produce minimal amounts of sulfites.
In our opinion, in the vast majority of wines that show on label "without sulphites", it would be better show on the label the information without "added sulfites" 

However, for those who are not allergic and for those who, like us, has placed the good wines among the pleasures of life, with respect to the concentrations of sulphites in wine Italian there are Good news. 

Especially for organic wine lovers. 

Already in 2009, according to figures published by a famous study commissioned by the European Commission, among the European producers of wines from organic grapes: about 20% has limited sulphites to 30 mg / l; another moderate percentage, 30%, did not exceed 60 mg / l; 30% was below 90 mg / l; about Italy, 77% wines from organic grapes was already below 60 mg / l and almost all (98%) did not go beyond the 90 mg / l.

May be of interest...

Recent articles